1. Log in to your Merchant Center and navigate to the "Contacts" tab
2. Click "Upload Contacts" in the top right-hand corner
3. Click the checkbox to indicate that you have permission* to send marketing messages to these email addresses
*Before uploading email contacts into your Signpost file, you must have permission to send marketing messages to those contacts. Permission is considered given if you have communicated with the client through email before or if they provided you with their email address. Contact lists purchased through a third party do NOT meet our permission guidelines.
4. Click the "Choose a File" button and select the file you wish to upload
5. We will auto-populate the columns in your file that appear to contain your email, phone, and name data. Double-check to ensure that the chosen columns look correct. If they don't, click the purple text to reveal a drop-down menu and select the correct column for each data type
6. Once the correct columns have been selected, click "Continue"
7. Review the Final Confirmation of contacts that our software will be able to upload. At this point, you can also choose a segmented list to add your contacts to or create and name a new one
8. Once you are satisfied, click "Save Valid Contacts"
Note: Contacts that already exist in your account will not be uploaded to avoid duplicates. If, however, you are uploading your new file into a segmented list, the existing contact will be pulled into the new list.