Grab the code snippet from your Chat dashboard
1. Login to your Chat dashboard and click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the left hand menu
2. Click on Step 4 "Chat Bot" in the header menu
3. Click on Step 4 "Deploy" in the sub-menu. This will display your unique snippet of code for your website:
You can either click "Copy Script" and continue onto the following steps, or click "Email Script" to send snippet to your webmaster to do the installation for you.
4. Still on the Deploy tab, toggle "Show digital receptionist on my website" to ON so that it automatically displays on your website once the code is installed (detailed below).
Wix Basic Script Installation
1. Log into your Wix account and select Add Menu Item from the left-hand menu
- Forgot your Wix password? Go to https://users.wix.com/account-recovery to reset it
2. Select Embed > Custom Embeds > HTML iFrame option
3. An HTML block will be added to the frame
4. Double click the block and option to add code will be shown
6. Next, this HTML block can be resized and positioned according to your needs. We recommend 675-700 pixels in height and 450 - 475 pixels in width for the HTML block. Make sure to preview the block in both desktop and mobile views to adjust rendering as needed
7. Right click the HTML block and select “Pin Settings”. Then select which area of the screen you would like chatbot to appear on your site and adjust “offset” values as needed
8. Pro Tip: To display chat on all pages of your website, right click the HTML block and toggle “Show on all Pages” to ON. (If you prefer only adding chat to select pages, simply repeat steps 1-7 on each desired page of your site).
Adjusting the Mobile Browser Chat View
Click on the Mobile view next to the Menu items at the top
Click on the "header" section inside the mobile layout, click on "Change header scroll" and select "Freezes" option. This will help to pin the chat window to its position on the mobile screen.
By default, Wix hides custom HTML in the mobile view. Select "Hidden elements" from the left nav bar to see all the hidden elements. From the list, click on the plus sign next to the "HTML" section to add the chat window code to the mobile view.
Note: You can paste the code snippet before the </head> tag on every page you want the digital receptionist to appear.
How will I know that the digital receptionist is activated?
Additional information and support can be found at https://support.wix.com/en/article/embedding-custom-code-to-your-site