Grab the code snippet from your Chat dashboard
1. Log into your Chat dashboard and click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the left-hand menu
2. Click on Step 4 "Chat Bot" in the header menu
3. Click on Step 4 "Deploy" in the sub-menu. This will display your unique snippet of code for your website:
You can either click "Copy Script" and continue onto the following steps, or click "Email Script" to send snippet to your webmaster to do the installation for you.
4. Still on the Deploy tab, toggle "Show digital receptionist on my website" to ON so that it automatically displays on your website once the code is installed (detailed below).
SquareSpace Code Injection Installation
Squarespace offers multiple ways to embed code:
- Code injection
- Code block
- Custom CSS
- Embed Block
We recommend using Code Injection. Links to instructions for the other options are listed below.
1. Log into your Squarespace account and select Settings from the menu
- Forgot your Squarespace password? Go to https://login.squarespace.com/recovery-form#/recovery to reset it
2. Click Advanced and then Code Injection
4. Click Save
Note: You can paste the code snippet before the </head> tag on every page you want the digital receptionist to appear.
How will I know that the digital receptionist is activated?
Code Injection: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815908
Code Block: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543167
CSS Editor: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206545567
Embed Block: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543617