If you are currently using Quickbooks Desktop, you can switch to Quickbooks Online and save 40% on the first 6 months through our Signpost partner deal!
Is your Quickbooks Online integration not syncing your contacts and payment information into Signpost as you expected it to? Follow our troubleshooting guide for some common quick fixes:
1. Check to see if any of your contacts successfully been added into your Signpost account from the current QuickBooks Desktop integration to date.
- If yes: Continue to step 2.
- If no: Skip to step 6.
2. Open your Quickbooks Desktop software. Ensure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Both of these are required for your contacts and information to automatically sync into Signpost!
Steps 3-5 can be done in any order. Attempt these one at a time and allow up to 24 hours to assess if the error is resolved.
3. Force quit the WebConnector app, and restart Quickbooks Desktop.
- For PC: Open Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del), right-click Web Connector, select End Task.
4. Verify your WebConnector sync settings:
- In Quickbooks Desktop: Choose File, then Update Web Services.
- Confirm that:
- Mia / Quickbooks file is listed to sync
- Auto-Run is checked
- Every-Min is set to 60+ minutes
From here, you can:
- View error messages,
- Add Application if the incorrect file or no file appears, and/or
- Manually sync by selecting File, then Update Selected button (see complete manual sync guide here)
If Quickbooks Desktop is used for multiple businesses or locations: You may simply need to open the correct Quickbooks Desktop file you synced to Signpost (because you may have opened the file for another location).
5. From your Signpost account, go to the Integrations tab and select Disconnect on the QuickBooks Integration. Then, select Connect, and follow steps again to reconnect it.
6. Last resort: From your Signpost account, go to the Integrations tab and select Disconnect on the QuickBooks Integration. Then, follow the Quickbooks Desktop: Manual Installation instructions.