Creating a Google listing for your business can take some time, but the instructions to follow are relatively simple:
- Sign in to business.google.com.
- Select "Add a Location".
- Fill in your business information (make sure your phone number matches what is listed on your website). If you don’t have a website, use your Signpost Testimonials Page and the forwarding phone number listed on it.
At this point, you will be given 2 options: Storefront or Service Area. Select the one that best describes your business and follow the corresponding steps:
If your business uses a Storefront:
- Enter your business details as usual.
- Send the verification postcard to your business address (if your business address cannot receive mail, send it to your home address). It should arrive within 5 business days.
- Once you receive it, type the code from the postcard into the associated field on your page to verify it.
If your business uses a Service Area:
- The business address you use can be anywhere in your area where you can receive mail about your business. Do not use a P.O. Box or the address of a post office—this violates Google's terms and will cause your page to be suspended
- Send the verification postcard to the address listed. It should arrive within 5 business days
- Once you receive it, type the code from the postcard into the associated field on your page to verify it
Search Strings: create google, google knowledge card, google listing, make google, google my business, gmb