Creating a Google listing for your business is essential
- Sign in to business.google.com.
- Select "Manage now" and then "Add your business to Google."
- Create your profile with your business information. Make sure your phone number matches what is listed on your website. If you don’t have a website, use your Signpost Testimonials Page and the forwarding phone number listed on it.
You will be asked if you have a physical location. Select the one that best describes your business and follow the corresponding steps:
If your business uses a Storefront:
- Enter your business details as usual.
- Send the verification postcard to your business address (if your business address cannot receive mail, send it to your home address). It should arrive within 5 business days.
- Once you receive it, type the code from the postcard into the associated field on your page to verify it.
If your business uses a Service Area:
- The business address you use can be anywhere in your area where you can receive mail about your business. Do not use a P.O. Box or the address of a post office—this violates Google's terms and will cause your page to be suspended
- Send the verification postcard to the address listed. It should arrive within 5 business days
- Once you receive it, type the code from the postcard into the associated field on your page to verify it
You're now ready to add your Google Business Profile to your Signpost account to generate reviews. To find out here, read this article.