Grab the code snippet from your Chat dashboard
1. Login to your Chat dashboard and click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the left-hand menu
2. Click on Step 4 "Chat Bot" in the header menu
3. Click on Step 4 "Deploy" in the sub-menu. This will display your unique snippet of code for your website:
You can either click "Copy Script" and continue onto the following steps, or click "Email Script" to send snippet to your webmaster to do the installation for you.
4. Still on the Deploy tab, toggle "Show digital receptionist on my website" to ON so that it automatically displays on your website once the code is installed (detailed below).
GoDaddy Website Builder Installation
- Login to your GoDaddy account and open Websites + Marketing
- Forgot your Godaddy password? Go to https://sso.godaddy.com/account/reset to reset it
- Click Edit Site
- Scroll in the main view of your site to where you want to add a section, and click the plus button
- Scroll to bottom of the Add Section panel, click Show More and click the HTML pane
- Click a layout in the HTML panel and you'll see a Section Added confirmation
- Click the HTML panel to begin customizing its settings, starting with the Section Title field.
- Enter or paste the code you want to use in the Custom Code field
- You can leave the Forced Height field blank or adjust the pixel height to larger or smaller. (Smaller will create a scrollable box for the item)
- When you're finished, click the X or Done at the top of the HTML panel and your main window displays the results
- Click Preview to see the results, and when you're ready click Publish Site or Publish.
Note: You can repeat this process on every page you want the chat section to appear. Alternatively, you could create a dedicated "Chat" page on your site, and only install the chat section there.
GoDaddy WordPress Website Installation:
- Login to your website Admin panel
- Navigate to your Settings > Header and Footer Scripts in your left-hand menu bar
- Enter the complete snippet of code in the Header section
- Click Save Settings
Note: You can paste the code snippet before the </head> tag on every page you want the digital receptionist to appear.
How will I know that the digital receptionist is activated?
GoDaddy Website Builder: Additional information and support can be found at https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-or-custom-code-to-my-site-27252.
GoDaddy WordPress: Additional information and support can be found at https://www.digitalliberation.org/docs/header-and-footer-scripts.