Acknowledge every call with an instant, custom voicemail and text message so callers don't move on to the competition. These features will help you provide a great customer experience even when you can't get to the phone.
Download the mobile app
To get started, you’ll need the latest version of the mobile app. Click the images below, or search for “Signpost mobile” directly in the Google Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
To make sure you have the latest version of the app, check if there is an “Update” button next to the Signpost app in the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device. If the button says “Update,” go ahead and do that. If it says “Open,” you have the latest version of the app!
Set up phone forwarding
Phone forwarding is a necessary step to activate the missed call instant response features. From your customer’s perspective, they will still call your advertised business number. Your business will still hear the phone ring and have the opportunity to answer the call. With phone forwarding activated the only difference will be the trigger for the custom voicemail and text message when the call is missed.
1. To activate phone forwarding, select the three lines in the top left corner of the app screen to open the menu. Select “Settings” from that menu.
2. In the "Settings" menu, select “Instant responses” and then “Set up phones.”
3. Select “Add new phone.” You will select the phone carrier and the phone number you are forwarding into the app.
4. If the number you are forwarding is the same phone that you are using to access the Signpost app, hit “Continue to dial forwarding number.” This will open your phone app so you can dial the number. If the phone number you want to forward is on a different phone, go to that phone and key in the code that appears on the screen into your phone app and dial.
5. Once the call connects through and you hear the dial tone, phone forwarding is activated! You can hang up.
Set up your voicemail
Now that phone forwarding is activated, you can set up your custom voice message. You have complete control to change this as many times as you'd like within the Signpost app. This is the message callers will hear if the call is missed.
1. To activate phone forwarding, select the three lines in the top left corner of the app screen to open the menu. Select “Settings" and "Instant Responses."
2. Select "Missed call voice response" and toggle on "Enable Signpost Instant Response voicemail."
3. Select"Record a new message" and "Start recording." Speak into your phone and say your message. We suggest something like “Thank you for calling we are on a job site right now, we will call you back by 3pm today.”
4. When you are finished speaking, select "Stop recording."
5. Listen to the recording to see if you like it. If you do, hit “Save and use recording.”
Set up missed call text response
Lastly, setting up the instant text message response for missed calls will initiate a text conversation and help qualify leads.
1. Select "Settings" from the navigation menu, then "Instant Responses", and "Missed Call Text Response."
2. Toggle on "Enable Signpost Instant Response Text."
3. Now, type in your SMS response. We recommend that you include your business name in the message, as well as a question that you would like your prospects to answer. Something like: “Sorry we missed your call. Can you tell me about your project and what timeframe you were considering? -Denver Plumbing Services.”
4. Hit "Save," and you are good to go.
You're ready to benefit from responding to every caller instantly! If you have any questions or would like help walking through these steps, please call our support line at 855-606-4900.
Disable phone forwarding
1. To disable phone forwarding, head to the Settings page on the mobile app. Select "Set up phones."
2. Click on the phone number you'd like to disable. Select the phone carrier for the number. Select "Disable forwarding" from the menu and hit continue.
3. This will give you a deactivation code. Click "Continue dialing the deactivation code." This will open your phone app on your phone. Once the call connects, phone forwarding for that number is disabled.
Edit the message from any web browser
Login to your Signpost account on any web browser, and then head to "Settings" and "Instant Responders." From there, you can edit your Missed Call Instant Response message whenever you like. This gives you additional control to change the message based on the needs of the day. For example, you can let people know when you except to have a longer response time over a holiday, or when there is a special promo going on.