Now that you have downloaded the Signpost mobile app, it's time to get started! Our app will help you easily manage contacts and communications while you are on the go running your business.
First, open the app and log in. Use the same email address and password that you use to log into Signpost online.
Next, there are two important setup steps to take care of: enabling push notifications and connecting your business page's Facebook messenger app.
Enabling Push Notifications
For iPhone users:
- You will see a prompt to enable Notifications when you log in to the app for the first time. Choose to enable, and you are done!
For Android phone users:
- Your app notifications will be on by default.
For other phone types:
1. Log into the Signpost app.
2. Click on the top left menu, choose Settings, and then Push Notifications.
3. If you have an account without Signpost Chat: Click to enable notifications for New Messages and New Reviews.
4. If you have an account that includes Signpost Chat: Click to enable all notifications.
Connecting to Facebook Messenger
1. In the Signpost app, click on the three lines in the top left corner to open the menu. On the menu, select "Settings."
2. Select "Instant Responses" and "Facebook Messenger." Next, select "Connect Facebook Messenger."
3. There will be a pop op window that says "Signpost" Wants to Use expo.io to Sign in. Hit continue to allow information to be shared between the two apps.
4. You will be redirected to the sign-in page. Continue to login to your Facebook account.
5. Next, continue if the name that appears on the screen is accurate.
6. Select which business pages you would like to use with Signpost.
7. Toggle on Manage and access Page conversations in Messenger.
8. Once connected, the screen will display You're now linked Signpost to Facebook.
Troubleshooting your Facebook login: Typically you should to log into your personal account, which then allows you to access your business page. However, they are not publicly connected - and your personal page will not be connected to the app.