Grab the code snippet from your Chat dashboard
1. Log into your Chat dashboard and click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the left-hand menu
2. Click on Step 4 "Chat Bot" in the header menu
3. Click on Step 4 "Deploy" in the sub-menu. This will display your unique snippet of code for your website:
You can either click "Copy Script" and continue onto the following steps, or click "Email Script" to send snippet to your webmaster to do the installation for you.
4. Still on the Deploy tab, toggle "Show digital receptionist on my website" to ON so that it automatically displays on your website once the code is installed (detailed below).
WordPress Basic Script Installation
- Login to your WordPress website Admin panel
- Forgot your WordPress password? Navigate to yourdomain.com/wp-admin (for example, www.signpost.com/wp-admin) and click the “Lost your password?” link
- Navigate to your Settings > Header and Footer Scripts in your left-hand menu bar
- Paste the complete snippet of code in the Header section
- Click Save Settings
Note: You can paste the code snippet before the </head> tag on every page you want the digital receptionist to appear.
How will I know that the digital receptionist is activated?
Additional information and support can be found at https://www.digitalliberation.org/docs/header-and-footer-scripts.