While it can be easy to take a hands-off approach to an automated system like ours, keeping up with your Signpost account will ensure that it performs to its highest potential AND that your customers’ needs are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Pay attention to email notifications regarding account activity. Messages about important and time-sensitive account activity will be emailed to the primary email address on your account. Make sure you are reading and acting on them as soon as possible to provide the best customer service experience for your contacts.
- Respond quickly to any negative feedback received. All contacts will receive a Review Request three business days after leaving a Feedback Response. If the Feedback they provided is negative, be sure to contact them immediately to try to address the issue and turn their experience around. (NOTE: New “review gating” policies across major review sites prevent us from automatically excluding unhappy contacts from receiving a Review Request, so getting in touch with these contacts is extremely important!)
- Reply to inbound text messages from your forwarding number. Some contacts may text questions or comments to your forwarding phone number, especially after receiving a text campaign. Responding to these messages quickly shows that you value your contacts’ time and patronage.
- Follow up with contacts who have claimed offers. Contacts who claim offers clearly have interest in your business; however, they don’t always follow through on purchasing your product or service. If you haven’t heard from them, you can give them a gentle nudge by emailing them with an appointment booker link, pay ahead link, or clarification on next steps for using the offer.
- Check your account dashboard periodically. Your Merchant Center dashboard will give you the latest information on your account performance and recent customer activity. Logging in about once a week will keep you up-to-date on your account happenings so that you know to make an adjustment if you’re not seeing the results you were hoping for.
- Plan ahead for any campaigns you’d like to send. One-Time Campaigns are helpful tools that can inform contacts about your business updates and specials, especially around holidays. Have a plan in place for what you would like to send and when so that when the time comes, you’re prepared with all the information you need to set up a successful campaign.
Search Strings: keeping up, next steps, how do i use my account, what do i do next, how to use signpost