According to Yelp, around 25% of reviews they receive are relegated to the "Not Recommended" section. There are several reasons why Yelp may filter reviews out of the main part of your page:
- Your reviewer does not seem "reliable"
- They haven't left many reviews yet
- They don't leave reviews on a regular basis
- They don't have a complete Yelp profile
- They appear to be a family member or friend of the business
- They appear to live in a different area than your business
- The review itself seems questionable
- It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the business
- It is very short without helpful information
- It is biased—the content seems "too positive" or "too negative"
- It goes against Yelp’s guidelines
- Yelp has reason to believe that you offered an incentive for a positive review
Search Strings: not recommended, review hidden, reviews hidden, yelp reviews