All Contact List Files must follow these guidelines in order for a seamless upload into your Signpost account:
- Set up as a spreadsheet. Our system can only handle lists that have been set up in a spreadsheet-style program, such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Data housed in other types of programs will need to be migrated into a spreadsheet-style setup.
- Saved as a .csv (Comma-Separated Values) file extension. Check out this article to learn how to convert your file to .csv format: How To: Convert Your Contact List into .csv Format
- Informational values (names, phone numbers, and email addresses) in separate columns from one another. Our system pulls all the entries in a particular column for each of these categories. (Names can be split into two columns for "First Name" and "Last Name" if needed.)
- No rows present above the title row. Row 1 should only contain the titles of the values listed below them ("Name," "Phone," "Email," etc.)
- All phone/email values in one respective column. If you have multiple columns for these categories (ex: Home Phone/Mobile Phone/Office Phone columns or Email 1/Email 2 columns), only one of them will be pulled into our system.
Examples of correctly formatted Contact List Files:
Search Terms: set up contact list, create contact list, set up customer list, create customer list