Upon signing up for one of our subscription tiers, you will receive an email with a link to our Onboarding Wizard, which will help you set up your account. After navigating through the wizard, make sure you have completed all of these steps:
1. Verify that the business information in your account is correct. Our system is able to pull some of your existing business information automatically, but we want to make sure that it’s up-to-date and correct!
- Ensure that your basic business information such as your website, address, payment methods, and hours of operation are correct, and make any necessary edits so that the correct information is displayed on your online pages.
- Ensure that your email information such as your business logo, customer-facing email address, and email signature are correct so that your email messages are correctly branded and all replies can return directly to your inbox.
- Ensure that your presence/review sites have the correct links so that we can drive reviews to the correct pages.
2. Upload your existing contacts into your account. There are a few different methods you can use to complete this step depending on what other software you use:
- Connect your customer-facing email account with your login and password so that your existing and future email contacts can be automatically added into your Signpost account.
- If you use MindBody, connect the email account that you receive MindBody appointment confirmation emails to so that your new appointments can trigger automated marketing messages at the most opportune times.
- If you use QuickBooks Online, connect your QuickBooks Online account with your login and password so that your existing and future contacts from that program can be automatically added into your Signpost account.
- If you use Constant Contact, connect your Constant Contact account with your login and password so that your existing and future contacts from that program can be automatically added into your Signpost account.
- If you use Mailchimp, connect your Mailchimp account with your login and password so that your existing and future contacts from that program can be automatically added into your Signpost account.
- If you use Square, connect your Square account with your login and password so that your existing and future contacts from that program can be automatically added into your Signpost account.
- If you use other programs, download a list of your contacts’ names and email addresses into a spreadsheet (must be in .csv format) and upload the spreadsheet into your account using our Customer Uploader Tool.
3. Set up your marketing campaigns. Feedback Requests are automatically enabled to begin sending to contacts once they are added, with Review Requests sending 3 business days after Feedback is recorded. However, other campaigns that do need customization include:
- Disabling Feedback Requests: some people prefer not to request Feedback at all. If you are confident in the happiness of your contacts, you can disable Feedback Requests completely and only have Review Requests sent from your account.
- New Customer Offers: these are used for contacts who have not done business with you yet to persuade them to chose your business over the competition.
- Referral Bonus: this is used to entice customers to generate new leads for you, and reward them when those leads turn into customers.
- Have any other specials, offers, or announcements you’d like to send out to your contacts? Set up your own custom campaign or offer.
4. Miscellaneous additional steps: After completing these final steps, your account should be set up for success!
- Got a specific review site you’d prefer to send reviews to first? Mark one or two of your three main review sites (Google, Facebook, and Yelp) as “High Priority” so that happy customers will be sent there to leave a review first. You can even add one more review site outside of our top three to drive reviews to as well.
- Interested in having your marketing campaigns sent through text, which boasts a much higher open rate, in addition to email? Make sure you have a forwarding number set up, which will track all phone numbers that call in to your business line, as well as our IVR feature enabled, which will ask all callers to opt in to your texting program for special offers.
Search Strings: set up account, setting up account, account setup, account set up, getting started, first steps, what do i do, where do i start