Customer Contacts can be added to your Signpost account either automatically or manually.
Automatic Methods: these methods involve a simple setup with one or a few of your features or other accounts in order to continuously and seamlessly pull new contacts into your Signpost account.
- Attach your customer-facing email account. This allows Signpost to pull in any email addresses that have interacted with your email account in the past, and will continue to add email addresses that interact with your email account in the future. How To: Connect Your Email Account
- Enable IVR on your customer-facing phone number. This asks anyone who calls into your business on your forwarding phone number (which rings directly to your business line) to opt in to text message marketing if they would like to receive special deals and promotions. Additionally, anyone who texts "Start" to the forwarding phone number will also automatically be added into your text message marketing list. How To: Turn On/Off Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
- Use our Appointment Sync feature. This allows Signpost to pull in contact information of customers who have interacted with your appointment software account in the past, and will continue to add email addresses that interact with your email account in the future. How To: Set Up MindBody Appointment Sync
- Use one or more of our Integrations tools. This allows Signpost to pull in contact information of customers who have interacted with one of your additional software programs in the past, and will continue to add email addresses that interact with your email account in the future.How To: Set Up QuickBooks Online Integration; How To: Set Up Constant Contact Integration; How To: Set Up Mailchimp Integration
Manual Methods: these methods require more work on your part, but allow you to pick and choose which specific contacts are added into your Signpost account to receive marketing messages.
- Upload a contact list to your Merchant Center. If you do not wish to connect your email account and/or you have a list of contacts from an email account, other software, or collecting them yourself, you can easily upload a spreadsheet of up to 10K contacts into your account all at once. How To: Upload Contact Lists
- Add individual contacts to your Merchant Center. If you receive a few email addresses that you would like to add to your account without going through the trouble of putting together a spreadsheet, you can simply add one at a time. How To: Add Individual Contacts