Customer Contacts can be added to your Signpost account either automatically or manually.
Automatic Methods: these methods involve a simple setup with one or a few of your systems external to Signpost in order to continuously and seamlessly pull new contacts into your Signpost account.
- Attach your customer-facing email account. This allows Signpost to pull in any email addresses that have interacted with your email account in the past, and will continue to add email addresses that interact with your email account in the future.
- Enable IVR on your customer-facing phone number. This asks anyone who calls into your business on your forwarding phone number (which rings directly to your business line) to opt in to text message marketing if they would like to receive special deals and promotions. Additionally, anyone who texts "Start" to the forwarding phone number will automatically be added into your text message marketing list.
- Use our Appointment Sync feature. This allows Signpost to pull in contact information of customers who have interacted with your appointment software account in the past, and will continue to add email addresses that interact with your email account in the future.
- Use one or more of our Integrations tools. This allows Signpost to pull in contact information of customers who have interacted with one of your additional software programs in the past, and will continue to add email addresses that interact with your email account in the future.
Manual Methods: these methods require more work on your part, but allow you to pick and choose which specific contacts are added into your Signpost account to receive marketing messages.
- Upload a contact list to your Merchant Center. If you do not wish to connect your email account and/or you have a list of contacts from an email account, other software, or collecting them yourself, you can easily upload a spreadsheet of up to 20,000 contacts into your account all at once.
- Add individual contacts to your Merchant Center. If you receive a few email addresses that you would like to add to your account without going through the trouble of putting together a spreadsheet, you can simply add one at a time.
Search Strings: add contacts, add customer contacts, add customers, email transfer, how are contacts added, put contacts in account, upload contacts, upload customer contacts, upload customers, stop adding