Signpost helps you to avoid the costs of negative reviews and increase business through positive reviews. Read more on our blog about the importance of avoiding negative reviews and driving more positive reviews.
Signpost uses a three-step process to generate customer reviews. Customers can either review your business through your automated email campaigns or by opting into your SMS texting program.
- The Get Feedback campaign sends first, which allows the software to better gauge the client's experience with your business.
- If the client submits positive feedback, they will be asked to review your business on any of your chosen review sites. Also, if the client consents for their positive feedback to be shared, it will be posted to your Testimonials page. Clients who submit negative feedback will not be sent a Review Us request.
- If a client does not post their review to your review sites, they will receive a reminder a few months later.
Managing positive reviews
- Log into your review site, and publicly reply back to the review with a thank you message. This demonstrates attention to detail, quick follow-up, and attention to customer satisfaction.
Managing negative reviews:
- Log into your business account on the review site. Reply back to the review publicly with a respectful message. This displays professionalism and genuine concern for your customers. For example, "We appreciate your business and are very sorry to hear of your poor experience. We would like the opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact us directly, by phone or email, at your convenience."
- Your main goal is to take the conversation offline. Avoid heated discussions that are public to your future potential customers.
- After making amends, ask the customer if they'd be willing to edit their negative review into a positive review.
- Read more on our blog about managing negative online reviews.