Importance of Feedback
Feedback is critical for every business. By getting feedback from your customers, you know who your best customers are and where your business can improve. Signpost makes it effortless to continuously collect feedback from your customers and turn that feedback into valuable reviews and testimonials.
While making sure that prospective customers see positive reviews and testimonials, being able to catch negative feedback and resolve potential issues can drive more repeat business and prevent negative reviews. Guardian Alarm used their feedback to drive more engagement with their customers and turn unhappy customers into advocates for their business.
Feedback emails are the first emails Signpost sends out on your behalf once your account is set up. This allows us to understand who your top customers are and filter anyone who might say anything negative.
The feedback email is simple and straightforward, asking customers to rate your business out of 5 stars.
Once they choose, they have the opportunity to leave written feedback about their experience.
Note: The "Sure! Publish this feedback on our testimonials page" message and checkbox only appear when the customer chooses a star rating of 4 or 5.
- If the customer gives you good feedback (4-5 stars), they will receive a review request email next.
- If the customer gives you bad feedback (1-3 stars), their feedback goes to you directly, and Signpost will automatically turn off all email campaigns for that contact. They will, however, continue to receive feedback requests every few months in case their opinion has changed. If you do not wish for them to receive any more feedback requests, you can unsubscribe them.
- If the customer says they have not done business with you before, they will be directed to your new customer offer.
Public & Private Feedback
When you receive feedback, it can be designated as either public or private.
Feedback is private when:
- The rating is negative (3 stars or lower)
- No additional comments are provided with the star rating (whether negative or positive)
- The "Sure! Publish this feedback on our testimonials page" box under the feedback text box is unchecked
Feedback is public when:
- The rating is positive (4 or 5 stars), the customer provides an additional comment, and the "Sure! Publish this feedback on our testimonials page" box is checked