There are 3 ways customer contacts are added to your Signpost Account:
- Attaching your customer facing email address
- Upload a customer contact list
- Manual add
1. Attach your email
Attaching your customer facing email is the fastest and most immediate method to add contacts. This step is usually completed during your initial account set up since it automatically imports all past, present and future contacts.
- From the “Settings” page, navigate to the “Customer” tab on the left
- Click "Add a new email ;" enter the new email address, password, and choose "Add Email" to finish.
2. Upload A Customer Contact List*
It’s critical to keep your list up to date. Uploading a contact list is strongly encouraged, to ensure that your Signpost account is communicating with the entirety of your customer base. Contact lists should added even if you have an email address connected to your account. To complete this step, Signpost recommends downloading contacts from your scheduling or accounting software.
- Download or export your contact list into an Excel or .CSV file
- Attach the contact file to an email, and send it to email@example.com. Your list will be uploaded to your account within 48 business hours.
3. Manual Add
Manually adding contacts is easy, and encouraged particularly if your contact base is smaller. Adding a few new contact a week can have a big impact on the results of your automated marketing.
- Navigate to your “Customer Contacts” page.
- Click “Add Customer” found in the upper right
- Fill in the new contact information
- Click “Add Customer” to complete
Alternatively, you can learn how to unsubscribe, delete, or edit contacts here.
*Before uploading email contacts into your Signpost profile you must have consent to send marketing messages to those contacts.