What is IVR?
Interactive Voice Response is a new way to allow people to join your text marketing. A short audio recording will play at the beginning of every call to your Signpost number. See recording text below:
"Someone will be with you shortly. While you're waiting, press 1 to join our text message list for special updates and offers."
If the caller Presses 1, they'll receive this text at the end of the call: "Thanks for calling! Reply YES to finish opting in. You'll get autodialed marketing texts including offers & updates (max 5/mo). Opt-in not required for purchase. Msg&Data rates apply. To opt out text STOP."
How do I enable this feature?
- Login to your merchant center
- Click on Settings
- Select Activate
- Select either the Male or Female pre-recorded greeting OR record your own custom greeting
- If you create your own recording, simply follow the steps that are prompted on the screen
- Once you've made your greeting selection click Save and Activate
How do I disable IVR?
To disable IVR follow the steps below:
- Select Settings > Phone
- Click Edit Greeting
- Click the blue toggle next to the wording "Make selected greeting active when people call"
- Make sure the toggle is gray and select Save Setting